Advanced Search

Author Topic: My Thoughts  (Read 2043 times)

March 26, 2015, 10:01:56 pm
Read 2043 times

Elumios

• There is no good or evil, only power (i have none)

• Previous name changes: elumios
My Thoughts
« on: March 26, 2015, 10:01:56 pm »
HI!
So here are my personal reasons why i left and my opinions on what you should do on McBlocks.

(Initial comment from the 2015 Post but i saw your post about making your own topics.)

As you well know; i've not been a very active member on this server for a while; and i believe that this is because of four things:

• 1. Creative servers get too boring without certain plugins like voxel sniper to speed you up.

• 2. I cant stand how we only have flat worlds. When we had nature worlds i would build on those a lot but those somehow get "lost". which brings into perspective another point. the server is just slightly unreliable. your files for worlds get corrupted or whatever so you don't replace the server or anything.

• 3.I stutter fly glitch is SO SO SOOOOOOOOOO Annoying (this is the major factor); i really dislike anything on that server because moving around builds is slow anyway; and it's increasingly slow when you cant sprint around. Carrying on from that point i would love to see the /speed command being added.

• 4.I got wiped out of McBlocks because of some people who were constantly trying to be better than everyone else. The community started to go downhill. with a more committed community with people helping each other and stuff i think this server can thrive. I know this isn't completely up to you but new people shouldn't have to deal with this sprint-fly glitch when they come in or the general silence they are greeted with. This makes people think straight from the bat that the server is poor. Everyone must be treated equally. Whenever we see "kamalam/ elumios has joined the server" we automatically go "Hi!!!!" and "how are you doing" (this is what the great and all powerful Elu Expects). But when "freelancer9newpesron" joins the server; he is greeted with silence.

• 5. Bring the SMP server back. This was the reason that so many people played on our server for. There would be points were 21 people were online... JUST to play SMP. now i'm not saying that the creative server is bad. I'm just stating that the SMP part was important.
      • 6. I think we must also accept that Minecraft is losing popularity; especially in the creative sector and all those people still in them are going to these special building ones like mithrintia or Athion as it is now. there's not much you can do about this but i'm just offering my explanation to why the server is seeing less activity.

• 7. Is it really necessary to pay for a 200 Person server???
        if you are only doing it for the things that come with it (server advantages and suchlike)
        In my experience i like server that feel more like they're more full. and lowering the player cap will make the server seem generally humbler (phycology yo)

The key to the server in general is the community.... (and the sprint and fly glitch.)

This post was not meant to completely bash on the current staff; i just feel like the server could really be bettered if you put the effort in. I (at this time) do a. Not have time with boarding school and all and b.I hate that fly glitch....

ALSO PLEASE EXCUSE MY IMPERFECT BULLET-POINT SKILLS.
Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.

March 26, 2015, 10:17:47 pm
Reply #1

kamalam

• V.I.P

• I am kam of the alam

Re: My Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 10:17:47 pm »
Thank you for your feedback! :D

xd

March 26, 2015, 10:27:38 pm
Reply #2

Daebelly

• Donor

• Hey there!!

• Previous name changes: MasterLagi, LaggyLagi, FatLagi, SergalsFTW, Lagi

• Discord: daebelly#3477
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 10:27:38 pm »
Admittedly, the fly glitch is annoying annoying ANNOYING. The community has since improved, some. Yes, there's always a few people who are too ambitious for their own good but there's less than there were. I've never heard of Voxel Sniper, but if it speeds up the server, then we should probably add it. Just my two... three? cents.
👀

March 26, 2015, 10:35:46 pm
Reply #3

Elumios

• There is no good or evil, only power (i have none)

• Previous name changes: elumios
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 10:35:46 pm »
voxel sniper doesn't speed the server up; it speeds up the building process... like WE but better ;)
Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.

March 26, 2015, 11:53:27 pm
Reply #4

Daebelly

• Donor

• Hey there!!

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 11:53:27 pm »
Hm. I do not know how plugin, so that is correct.

Seriously, I know little to nothing about plugins.
👀

March 27, 2015, 08:13:52 pm
Reply #5

hobnobdunkers

• :)

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 08:13:52 pm »
Hm. I do not know how plugin, so that is correct.

Seriously, I know little to nothing about plugins.
Perhaps you could read up a little before going around staffing x)

I do strongly recommend Kam that you spend a little amount of time fixing the small server issues (such as elu said the glitch which annoys everyone) perhaps fixing world guard in places, replacing signs, missing blocks etc etc that sort of stuff. Then you can think about what to do next in terms of developing the community and the server :P

We're a full 3 months into 2015 now, I would expect some of these problems to have been addressed by now, most are so small you could do them in 5mins :P

March 27, 2015, 10:08:36 pm
Reply #6

Daebelly

• Donor

• Hey there!!

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 10:08:36 pm »
Perhaps you could read up a little before going around staffing x)
I'm not a plugin worker; I just try to keep the peace, is all. Though I do get that you were joking around, please note that not every staff or player knows how plugin. That is all XD
👀