Advanced Search

Author Topic: Memories and History  (Read 542 times)

December 04, 2018, 04:22:29 am
Read 542 times

Random6323

• If you have to do something, do it well

• Discord: @Eret#1234
Memories and History
« on: December 04, 2018, 04:22:29 am »
Somehow this place seems to be getting active again! I'm just as surprised as anyone else!

I thought it would be a nice idea to share any pictures, stories or other memories you have had in this community!

Whilst I do not have any pictures on this computer, I will try to find some to post at some point.

I'll start it off:

I started playing in this community back in mid-to-late 2011 after one of my school friends, BeareStar, invited myself and a few others to play on this "cool server I found". He brought a load of us here, but myself and NikolasTW seem to have been the two who stuck around longest.

My pride and joy was the town of Harrington on the smp server back in early 2012, I would give almost anything just to walk those streets again lol! I commonly joke that being the mayor of the town was my first ever leadership position. I would later go on to become a moderator.

Unfortunately, after the 2012 summer break I had started going to boarding school and they blocked Minecraft on the internet so I could only play when I came home on the weekends. I continued to play when I could but decreasingly so until mid-2014 after which my check-ins became only very occasional.

This community was the first online community I was truly a part of and I enjoyed so much of it! As I now run my own online community (a Discord server for the community around the game VRChat, my server has around 9,000 members), it's interesting to look back and see how I actually learned quite a bit from here!

Thank you everyone for all the amazing memories!

Now it's your turn to share your experiences!
Follow me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/The_Eret

December 04, 2018, 04:52:04 am
Reply #1

UnicornButtox

• Support

• Discord: cunmie#1248
Re: Memories and History
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 04:52:04 am »
It's nice to hear from you again! I'm glad you've found your way back to McBlocks.

December 04, 2018, 05:34:42 am
Reply #2

Mapboy

• Make the most of now, because it never comes again

• Discord: Reed#7059
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 05:34:42 am »
Oh jeez, where to start ...

I got dragged onto D3 Subservers (2011, I think?) by my friend, asphere8, and muddled around making a town right by spawn (I cannot for the life of me remember the name), which was quite a lot of fun and we made a little subway system and everything!

Then we moved to McBlocks and creative was all the rage. I worked on a few things, like a mansion, which after 4 years I never finished. Nevertheless, it was a jolly good time and was always fantastic to hang out with people back then.

Eventually survival made a resurgence, and I setup in one of the main cities (I think it was called Zania?) owned by Zorkifer (definitely spelling that wrong), and setup a bank of all things with my newfound friend, Vokan (formerly Trainn). That was one of my all-time favourite periods, as I absolutely loved that SMP server to death. The spawn, the cities, the people, the culture .. it was all just absolutely great.

Around that time, I joined the staff team and somehow managed to convince them to let me create McBlocksCon in 2013, which was a fun time with lots of minigames and whatnot made by a wonderful team of people (asphere8, lego, peng_, tennissyd, to name a few), but alas it ended up being a one-off event.

I ended up moving on with things in life and sort of phased out of McBlocks, popping in every 6 months or so (sorry, woder!)

And then fast forward to a steam message from the old gang saying we're getting the band back together, and alas, here I am!
If there's anything consistent in the world I hope it's a hot cup of Earl Grey tea.

December 05, 2018, 07:56:56 pm
Reply #3

Pringled

• Previous name changes: kelvinio97
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 07:56:56 pm »
O man, nostalgia is a powerful thing.

I wouldn't even know where to begin, it's been so long since I was last here, half of you probably don't even remember me anymore xd. However, I remember this as a great community. I would just join the server and talk with people about random things, whether that would be about game updates (I think it was around the adventure update(?) when we were on the server with a few people just gushing over all the new features coming in the game), or about more serious topics such as studies, it was always just fun.

It was amazing to be part of such a community where people knew each other, were friendly to each other and willing to help each other and I hope current community members experience it the same way. Many things have changed for me since that time and many more changes are coming up, though it was fun to look back for once.

Thank you, and best of luck to all of you!